Terms and Conditions – CFA Clinic Exercise Track
To be able to provide a safe environment for all members attending a Cardiac Fitness Association (CFA) class, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- All attendees must be double vaccinated and have received their last vaccination more than 14 days prior to their date of attendance. Booster doses are highly recommended, but not mandatory. The CFA requires proof of double vaccination, either electronic or paper copy, and must be shown before walking on the exercise track.
- Masks must be worn and cover both nose and mouth at all times, both inside the clinic and outside on the grounds. N95 or KN95 are the recommended preference. Fashionable cloth masks are not permitted.
- You must register and have an attendance time booked prior to coming to the Clinic for a class. Please respect this time. Book online at cfa-breslau.com. If online is not possible, call the clinic. (519) 648-2252
- Upon arrival at your designated time, you must meet staff in front entrance of the clinic and have a rapid COVID test completed and answer the Ministry of Health, COVID-19 Customer screening questions prior to walking on the track. You will also be asked to fill in a one-time consent to test form from the Red Cross.
You may expedite the registration process, by completing the questionnaire prior to coming to class and bring proof of same (either electronic or paper).
Link to Ministry of Health site: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/.
One time consent form from the Red Cross: Consent-form-individuals-participating-in-Screening.pdf (redcross.ca)
- After completing the rapid COVID test and receiving a negative result, your hand will be stamped as proof of a negative test, and you may walk outside around the back to the monitoring room where staff will review your health history. Staff will ask for proof of your negative rapid test before speaking with you. After meeting with staff, proceed to the track and join others walking. Indoor exercise equipment is not available currently.
If your test is found to be positive, you will be requested to leave the Clinic immediately and comply with the current
Ontario Health Guidance (click here for more detail). Most individuals with a positive result from a rapid antigen test will no longer be required or encouraged to get a confirmatory PCR or rapid molecular test. Healthy people with COVID-19 are most infectious in the two days before and three days after symptoms develop. Individuals with COVID-19 who are vaccinated, as well as children under 12, will be required to isolate for five days following the onset of symptoms. Their household contacts are also required to isolate with them. These individuals can end isolation after five days if their symptoms are improved for at least 24 hours and all public health and safety measures, such as masking and physical distancing, are followed. Individuals who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or immunocompromised will be required to isolate for 10 days. You may return to a CFA Exercise Class after your 5-day isolation period has been completed and you are COVID symptom free. You will be retested upon arrival.
- During your exercise time on the track: walk in single file; walk on the inside lane of the track unless passing another walker; walk at a speed that will maintain a minimum two-meter separation; and pass other walkers on the outside lane of the track.
- As you complete your walk, proceed to the ECG monitoring room with your clothing ready for the ECG prior to entering the test area. Only one person in the monitoring room at a time. Do not linger in the monitoring room or adjacent areas. The monitoring room has a newly purchased HEPA filters.
- After your ECG is complete, return to the track for your cool down. During your cool down walk, item 6 above still applies.
- After your cool down period is complete, we ask that you wait a minimum of 15 minutes preferably at or near the back entrance outside or in the lecture room (maximum capacity – 10 socially distanced persons) before going home. HEPA filters have recently been installed in the lecture room. If you do not feel well during the exercise, cool down, or waiting period, notify staff at once.
- Zoom lectures will continue twice a month, therefore no lectures will be held at the clinic in the lecture room. You will be notified when lectures will resume at the Clinic.